Xtranormal is a digital media company that's turning people all over the world into new content creators. We believe that everyone has a story to tell, and we are committed to developing new and interactive ways to share your message. With over ten million stories created, we're inspiring people of all ages to create animated movies with our revolutionary text-to-speech platform. We're ambitious, challenging, and tons of fun. Join us! Xtranormal is looking for talented people to join our team to shape and build the next generation of our products.
Operations LeadXtranormal is looking for full-time operations engineers to join our great team in San Francisco. This position will own the healthy operation of our diverse infrastructure (with a mix of heavy cloud architecture plus hardware video rendering in colo) and manage a small team to provide that.
The ideal candidate should be a strong individual contributor as well as adding managerial perspective and skills to the operations function. As lead, you will manage service availability and performance, specify and execute devops projects, and balance operations between maintenance and steady improvement.
- Monitor and maintain Xtranormal’s full suite of application servers, databases, render farm, and support systems
- Implement projects frequently to improve the management, availability, and performance of the Xtranormal software stack
- Work with product engineering on new or updated features, performing devops, deployment, and debugging tasks
- Coordinate incident response and team task distribution as needed
- Participate in pager rotation as needed
- 5+ years experience in systems engineering/administration, web operations, IT, or related fields. Experience running production 24x7 web operations.
- Comprehensive knowledge of GNU/Linux, TCP/IP networking, and HTTP/web stacks including administration of common server applications
- Able to write scripts using shell/Perl, Python, or Ruby for automation and integration tasks
- Bonus for significant skills in a few of the following: MySQL, Nagios, Chef/Puppet, Amazon EC2/S3/SimpleDB, Solr, Django, zookeeper, MS Windows, haproxy, Celery, RabbitMQ, OpenVPN, RightScale, Trac, collectd/Graphite/Munin, 3D video rendering
- Option to participate in company's Stock Option Incentive Plan
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Office is located in San Francisco near Union Square/Montgomery BART
Please send cover email and resume to email@example.com with "Operations Lead" in the subject line.